Thursday, October 8, 2009

Where does this rank in email promotion?



I had to share this email. I have my thoughts on it but wanted to put it out there and get your take on it. Is it powerful? Does it motivate? Is it from a bully?

BACKGROUND: I signed up for a webinar on Social Media about a week ago. The webinar was yesterday. At about 6:30 PM Mountain Time two days prior to the webinar (Monday night), I got the following email:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vince,

I'll cut straight to the chase - in order to attend the "What To Do When You're Overwhelmed with Social Media" webinar hosted by myself and Jon Morrow (from copyblogger.net) you must register at this link:
[website I've taken out]

We currently have just over 900 on this list and only 1,000 spots on gotowebinar so definitely sign up now and sign in to the webinar at least 10 minutes early to guarantee your spot.

Again here are the details:

============

"What To Do When You're Overwhelmed with Social Media"

Date: Wednesday, October 7th (aka this Wednesday!)
Time: 1pm pacific / 4pm eastern
Registration Link: [website I've taken out]

============

There WILL be a recording made available afterward but if you're interested in Jon's special offer (I bet you can guess what it is by reading here) you'll want to do whatever you can to be there live.

I'm finalizing what I want to share with you right now and I promise you the content is going to be KILLER - and different from all the party lines you've been fed about social media.

I'll see you on Wednesday!

- Laura

Follow me on twitter at [website I've taken out]

P.S. If you want to get on my main list to keep up with everything I'm doing and receive a social media marketing how-to every week sign up at [website I've taken out]

~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you think? Over the top? Hits the mark? Please share your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment